I didn't think I would have a chance to see Daniel this weekend because I was heading off on a women's retreat Friday after school and returning late Sunday afternoon. So, I spent Thursday afternoon at Gentle Hands instead of going about my regularly scheduled Thursday events. It was a good time with Daniel (and all my other little buddies too!).
However, this morning, my car-mates and I were happy to head out of the retreat center a bit early, and with great traffic (unheard of in Manila!), managed to get home by 2:30. After dropping everyone off, I decided to head off to GH, as I usually do on Sunday afternoons.
OH, was it WORTH it! I walked into the nursery and Daniel was sitting in his crib. When he saw me, his eyes lit up and he jumped up, and he kept jumping excitedly until I reached the crib to pick him up. My heart melted as I held him close for a snuggle.
The next 2 hours were fun, as Daniel battled his nursery and toddler buddies for lap-space (I'm pretty sure I had seven kids, ages 1-5 years, on my lap all at the same time). He's not always good at sharing me with the others, but he's starting to get better at it. He tolerates the older kids better than Abby and Jonalyn, both of whom are right around his age. And he WON'T stand for Rammie to be in my lap even a little! Daniel certainly has a strong personality, but he's such a sweet and sensitive kid. We just need to work on those tantrums...
It sounds like you are following your signs (something not all of us are very good at) this is definitly where you should be. Theresa
ReplyDelete