Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Weekend

Unfortunately, I have nothing new to report on the process of my foster licensing. As far as I know, the license is STILL sitting on the DSWD director’s desk. I’m praying he (she?) finds the motivation to pick up the pen and throw a signature on the piece of paper. How hard can it be, really?

The end of the school year is coming up quickly (only 6 real teaching weeks to go!), and with it brings a number of decisions that need to be made. The prominent one at the moment is where to live next year. Currently I don’t have a housemate lined up for next school year, so if I stay where I am, my expenses double (!!!). My landlady is raising the rent, possibly by up to 33%, so rent becomes more than double, plus taking on the full cost of all household bills and expenses. Not to mention the unknown costs of raising a little one. While I’d ideally like to stay in this house, I will be looking at another house on Friday with significantly lower rent (still more than what I’d pay sharing this one, but do-able on my own). Yes, I’m a bit stressed. Sigh. But I’m praying a lot about it, and trying to trust God for the outcome. I’d love for you to pray with me: For wisdom to know if I need to change houses, that God might provide a housemate, and for continued and maybe even new supporters as I embark on this parenthood adventure on the mission field.




Over Holy Week, I was able to take Daniel from Wednesday afternoon until Sunday. We had TONS of fun at the pool – he’s such a water baby! He loves loves loves to go underwater, and comes up laughing every time. On Sunday we even went off the diving board together, and he was ready to do it two more times before we had to leave. I plan to have him diving and swimming laps by the time he’s two. Just kidding.

Sort of. =)

Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of our water adventures because, well, it’s a bit hard to keep track of a toddler and not drop the camera into the pool. And I didn’t think about asking someone else. Maybe next time!



We also had a lovely Easter sunrise-in-the-park service at my church, which we were mostly on time for. Daniel loved the praise & worship parts, and we happened to sit with a group of friends that were oh so gracious about Daniel wandering around the area and laying on their blankets and such. If church could be in the park every week, things would be a little easier on Sundays.



After the service, we made our way to The Pancake House (similar to an IHOP, really – I definitely need to eat there again!) for breakfast and to stall before the 8:30 service when my friends were dedicating their daughter. By the time we were done and back in church, Daniel (and I) had been up since 3:30 (no, I don’t know why he decided to wake up that early and refuse to go back to sleep), so it was off to nap-land for him…and I may have nodded off a bit too. Overall, it was a lovely day to celebrate our risen Savior!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time. I'm hoping your m/o arrived by now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there, kim. one day at a time...daniel is soooo cute. it was lovely to chat with you LIVE the other night at the party.

    ReplyDelete