Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby Steps in the Right Direction

This afternoon Daniel and I stopped by Gentle Hands on our way home from church, to visit for a bit and the to take two of the older girls home with us. Krystal & Angelika were pretty excited to come to my house for a sleepover, and spent about 1/2 an hour packing a bag for the night.

And yes, they forgot their toothbrushes.

While they packed, I had a chance to talk with Charity about the direction of the adoption. When I last talked with Charity, she was waiting to set up a meeting with the director of the DS*D. Well, it finally happened! She presented Daniel's case and I now have a NEXT STEP. Wahoo! At some point in the not too distant future, I will need to attend a mandatory adoption forum seminar thing, where I will learn the requirements of adoption. Maybe after that I'll be able to answer the myriads questions everyone asks, which I currently have NO idea about!

On a side-note, I think its rather funny that this gorgeous little boy has grabbed a hold of my heart. I always envisioned daughters, yet figured God would be funny enough to give me sons. Voila...enter Daniel!
Entertaining the crowds with his buddy Ezra and their amazing piano playing, Daniel can't resist flashing a smile at the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment