Thursday, August 12, 2010

Crazy Love...Again!

In March, I posted in response to Linny at A Place Called Simplicity when she challenged readers to share their needs with the world regarding adoption and other pressing circumstances. Well, another challenge has been issued, this time specifically about orphans, either people in the midst of an adoption (oh how I WISH I was there now - but since I don't know if anything has been started, well...), or a ministry that serves orphans.

So, its option B that I'm posting about today. Gentle Hands, which currently houses around 60+ orphans or kids with unlivable home situations, is building a new building to expand their facility. Believe me, all those people do NOT fit so well in the space they're in, so this building is a HUMOUNGOUS blessing. However, there is a serious deficit in the finances to pay for this building, which, by the way, is currently under construction with the 3rd floor in progress. The need is around $100,000 to finish the project. Wow, that really is a lot of money! But the number of lives that can be saved with the ability to house more kids is totally worth it. Gentle Hands is one of very few children's homes in the Philippines that is willing to take in children with special needs or compromised health. Babies and children are rescued from hospitals, dropped off at the door, and pulled from the dark recesses of abuse and suffering. This is a place where God does HUGE healing miracles, of health and hearts, and a place for life to start again.

On the right of the page, there is a link to give to Gentle Hands. If you have any questions, please comment and I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment