You've done it, I'm sure. Your child gets hurt and you think its not a big deal, and then you basically tell them to knock off the crocodile tears and get over it. (Unless you are one of those moms who makes a big fuss over everything. You can ignore this post if you are one of them.)
It happened again yesterday, and I'll admit that this probably isn't the first time. In this most recent incident, Daniel was playing with a [broken already] flashlight and managed to drop it on his toe. I wasn't too concerned since it was plastic, not a Maglite or anything. He started crying and took a few steps towards me before dropping down and crawling the remaining few feet to me. It wasn't until I picked him up and had a look that I realized he had managed to cut his big toe right at the top corner around the toenail, with a big flap of skin hanging off and blood seeping out. My poor baby! This was a double band-aid BIG owie!
So yeah, I'm definitely still learning about being a mom. And how sometimes, you just need to pour out the sympathy until you find out just how bad that owie is.
My son is almost 5 and I still poor on the hugs and sympathy because it is usually one of the few times he still wants to cuddle and be held. I'll take whatever I can get ;).
ReplyDeleteJen