Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stress Levels @ Red Alert!

Friends, I could really use some prayer right now, on a lot of levels. School starts in 36 hours, where I will be teaching preschool (which I haven't done before) in the mornings, then switch to P.E. each afternoon. Although the first two days of preschool are basically ready, I haven't even started making decisions on PE yet. Add to that the fact that all of my PE equipment is in a new place and I haven't laid eyes on it yet, nor do I have the key to my new office.

Additionally, it looks like Arwyn (18 mos) who has been with me for about 4 1/2 weeks now will be staying for a while. Unfortunately, I do not have child care lined up and need to find something for the many hours I will be gone teaching each day! There is a plan, but we have yet to find a caregiver who will work out for me and the other family that will be sharing her.

Also, I do not have a housemate and the expenses of daily life are starting to weigh heavily on me as well. Not having a housemate for a few months was do-able, but looking ahead to the entire school year without someone to share expenses seems a bit tough.

Finally, the idea of being a full-time teacher and part-time parent is heavy on my heart as well, especially now with Arwyn in the picture (Daniel will actually be in preschool each morning with me). The physical side of things, like wondering if I will have enough energy at the end of each school day to be a mom that my kids want to be with, is a struggle too.

All of these are problems that can be solved easily by our very big God, so I ask that you join with me in prayer for the following:

  • A good start to the school year. Both Thursday & Friday are "first" days for me -  I will teach 4 year olds, kinder, and grades 1 & 5 on Thursday; 3 year olds, kinder & grade 2 on Friday.
  • A suitable, competent, loving househelper/nanny. We have an interview tomorrow afternoon - our fourth interview this month.
  • Finances - for someone (even short-term) to share expenses and/or new supporters to come alongside to partner with me financially in what I am doing here in the Philippines.
  • Physical strength for each day - I'm already a bit weary in the preparations and the school year hasn't actually started yet.
Thanks for praying!
~Kim







No comments:

Post a Comment