Sunday, April 28, 2013

BIG DAY #1

Just a little update to let all you pray-ers out there know that June 13 will be our first court date for our adoption case. Unfortunately, I have a judge who traditionally processes cases very slowly, but the upside is she is pro-adoption and there shouldn't be any reason for the case to be held up or denied. Please pray that June 13 will be a very positive day all around, as we meet the judge and present our paper work. Pray for my nerves, as I've never actually been in a court room (that I can remember, anyway), and for Daniel and I as a family to make a great first impression on the judge.

Additionally, we are about to enter our last month of the school year. We've had a number of preschoolers leave early because of family plans/furloughs, so our numbers are low. Fear not though, excitement is still high, as the kids continue to learn, play, and mature. It is so fun to compare friendships, play choices, and the general feeling of each day to what it was like at the beginning of the year. These kids are really growing up! I will be very sad to pass on our older group to kindergarten next year, as they have been a delight. I look forward to our younger group moving up and to be able to continue to see growth and change in each of their little lives next year.

In PE, we have just finished one of four weeks of our second swimming unit. It really is my favorite unit to teach, because I love the water and love instilling that into the kids. It helps too, that its HOT season and its a great way to cool off! We do have a few that are quite nervous in the pool, so please pray that they would be comfortable enough to relax and learn some of the skills I am teaching. Most of our students love to learn in the pool and make things easy.

hanging out with some new friends


 

Best buddies: Daniel, Trina & Ezra



Meeting some of the "locals" (a carabao) at a recent fair.

Anyone looking for something to do this summer? We'd love some visitors! Come experience the beauty of the Philippines, the islands and it's people!

How can I be praying for you? Please email and let me know! Audblsmile@aol.com

1 comment:

  1. My gosh how I wish a trip to you was possible! I could really use a lot of prayer that is for sure! I love you kim and daniel!!

    ReplyDelete