Monday, May 24, 2010

Unexpected Timing

The email I received today:

Here is the latest.

We were just informed that Daniel's certification for adoption is cleared.

This means that he is now to be presented at Local adoption and then hopefully, forwarded on to international adoption.

We will be submitting a case study that indicates he is in a foster home and there is already substantial bonding with the foster mother. We will also state that the foster mother has expressed interest in pursing adoption.

We are not out of the woods as you know DSWD has all the power and control (other than God).

Minet [the GH social worker] thinks that you will need to [actually] move because of your makati address and DSWD will indeed do a home visit for an adoption.

I am quite surprised with the timing of all this. we didn't expect daniel's paperwork to get finished.

our case is fairly strong but we still need to pray and convince them that the reasons for adoptions are strong.

does that make sense?


So, what do you need to pray for?

~ That I can find a room or apartment to rent ASAP, and possibly (hopefully) still keep my house.
~ That DSWD sees and understands the bond and matches Daniel with ME, not with another family.
~ For my heart, as this is the BIG step, and I need to be clearly hearing God on his plan for both Daniel and me.

Oh, this is big. Real big. And I covet your prayers right now.

3 comments:

  1. Kim I will pray, pray and pray some more. Let me know if there is any thing I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the home visit? Because our house is still "free" until about August 1...

    ReplyDelete