This afternoon was a fully-booked one for us! After school, I picked up Daniel and we headed to the pool, where Daniel swam up a storm for a good 30 minutes. Upon getting dressed, we headed down the hill for a birthday party for a cute little three-year old friend. The next two hours were spent (by Daniel) running, climbing, jumping, chasing...all with some watermelon, hotdogs and cake thrown in. At the conclusion of that fun event, we then made our way across campus for another friend's party (an adult this time), where there was more great food and...balloons which could NOT be resisted. My little guy spent another hour leaping, chasing, throwing and catching aforementioned air-filled objects, much to his great delight.
Until it turned on him.
Tripped him.
And threw him on his head.
And thus began one of those breathless-type wails.
Which quickly downgraded to an annoying whingy-I'm-tired-and-shouldn't-be-awake-and-I-hate-the-world cries.
At which point, the party was over for us.
p.s. - I'm really stuffed full of far too much party food and probably shouldn't eat for another week. Or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment